The wait is over the iPhone X has finally been released and although you may think think the iPhone X is perfect on its own. We highly recommend the following accessories to make it better.
- A case. The iPhone X new glass design makes it the least durable iPhone when it comes to drop testing. So a case is a must have item. We recommend Otterbox, Tech 21 and Apple’s own branded cases. All of these brands have a variety of colors and styles that will fit your personality and budget.
- A screen protector as stated previously, our drop tests found a simple three foot drop is enough to shatter the iPhone’s screen. A screen protector will help prevent this from happening. We recommend Zagg’s Invisible shield Glass + or the Belkin’s InvisiGlass Ultra both are great choices.
- Qi Wireless Charging Pad -Since Apple’s own “AirPower” mat won’t be available until 2018, new iPhone owners will have to look at the current market of Qi-compatible wireless charging pads. Apple sells a couple of Qi chargers in its store, including Belkin’s Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad, and Mophie’s Wireless Charging Base that both support7.5W fast charging upgrade coming when Apple releases iOS 11.2.
- Apple branded 29 W USB-C Power Adapter: A wired connector is still the fastest way to charge the iPhone X. Apple 29W USB‑C Power Adapter offers fast, efficient charging. We found that it will charge an iPhone X 50% in about 30 minutes. This charging speed does come at a hefty price. The Power adapter retails for $49.00 and the USB‑C to Lightning Cable sold separately. However, the power adapter is compatible with any USB‑C–enabled device, so it will charge your Thunderbolt 3 Macbook.
- USB C to lightning adapter. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning connector to your usb-c or Thunderbolt 3 (usb-c) enabled Mac for syncing and charging.You can also use this cable with your Apple 29W, 61W, or 87W usb-c Power Adapter to charge your iOS device, and even take advantage of the fast-charging feature on iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.